In 2004, President and Owner, Ms. Jan Brimmeier, AIA, NCARB, founded Architectural Innovations, LLC. She wanted to create a design firm that puts clients and their needs first, follows a defined process to ensure success, and “Brings Art Back to Architecture.” With two baccalaureate degrees, several art scholarships, including the Pennsylvania Governor's School for the Arts and foreign studies — Jan was well-poised to rise in the Pittsburgh-area architecture scene over the last three decades, managing several firms before starting Architectural Innovations, LLC.
It is our goal to help our clients realize practical and innovative design solutions for projects encompassing new construction, renovation, and additions. Some of our projects are LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified, while many others meet "green" building design standards. Our record of success includes over 1,000 projects ranging in cost from less than $100,000 to more than $150,000,000 – all of which were completed on time and on budget.
Our certified Small and Woman Business Enterprise (SBE/WBE) offers architecture, planning, interior design, and consulting services for a wide range of structural projects both domestically and internationally.
STRUCTURES WE'VE DESIGNED INCLUDE:
- Education/Sports Complexes
- Government/Municipal Buildings
- Healthcare Institutions
- Residential/Multi-Housing Projects
- Retail/Commercial Settings
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Pittsburgh Business Times Largest Architectural Firms - 2016, 2017
- Pittsburgh Business Times Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017
- Pittsburgh Business Times Top 100 Best Places to Work - 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Pittsburgh Business Times Top 25 Women in Business Award - 2010
- Pittsburgh Business Times Top 12 CEO Diamond Award - 2010
- Finalist for Pittsburgh Technology Council's 2011 Design, Art and Technology (DATA) Awards for our design of the new Penn Hills Senior High School.
- Oakland Catholic School's "Leading Ladies" 2016
- American Schools & Universities' Outstanding Designs for Penn Hills High School and Penn Hills Elementary School
- Published in Politico Magazine for Gender-Specific Toilet Room - 2016
For immediate assistance, please call Renee DeMichiei Farrow, Director of Business Development, at
(412) 364-4966 x205.
"Our Record of success includes change orders due to errors & omissions not exceeding 0.25%, which is well below the 3%-4% industry standard." - Jan Brimmeier, AIA, NCARB, President/Owner